There are many things to do in the area no matter what age you are. Besides the many vineyards and castles to visit there is of course the Dordogne river, and also the Lot river.
The following is a list of just some of the things that there are to do around the gite,
- Traditional markets, sample locally grown produce every day of the week
- Bastide villages to explore eg. Lauzun, Eymet, Miramont de Guyenne, Castillonnes, Villereal
- Chateau (castles) eg. Lauzun, Duras, Biron, Bonaguil, Monbazillac
- Wine-tasting : Many local vineyards to explore offering free tastings. Monbazillac, Bergerac and Duras are just a few of the havens for the wine lover.
- Canoeing, kayaking and boat trips on the Dordogne and Lot rivers are readily available and clearly signposted along the rivers in the region
- Horseriding / pony rides from one hour to full day hacking available all year round
- 9 and 18 hole golf courses available, although it is advisable to book one day ahead
- Fishing (a license is required but can be easily obtained for 1 or 15 days)
- Swimming - As well as your own private swimming pool, there is a nearby swimming lake with facilities for safe bathing on the fine white sand and pedalos & canoes. The lake is open from mid-June until the end of August
- Cycling - the area is renowned for its extensive cycling routes through beautiful scenery. With routes for all ages and abilities, full details are available on arrival
- Walking - South West France is an outstandingly beautiful place for walking. Maps of circular walks, all well marked including degree of difficulty and estimated duration are readily available for you to choose
- Tennis (courts available in Lauzun)
- Vide greniers (flea markets) are an excellent way to soak up the local atmosphere and find yourselves a few bargains
- Evening Farmers Markets - turn up, buy your meal/wine direct from the grower and eat in the square at long tables!
- A huge choice of arts and crafts including Potters, Painters, Sculptors, Art Studios, galleries, jewellers, furniture makers and antique shops.
- Bordeaux an hour and 15 minutes by car offers chic shopping, parks, gardens and museum for a great day out.
Full details of all the above, and more, are available in the gite